Day 3 - Spreadsheets
1. Create a spreadsheet
2. Save it as 5SSDown
3. Put the following into the spreadsheet. Be sure to
i. Rightsize the columns
ii. Create a FORMULA to calcuate the Total Pay
iii. Make up your own numbers for the missing cells in columns B and D
iv. ADD Two more people with pay.
4. After the table is completely (and correctly) filled in, sort it using the tools. Sort the total pay from Lowest to Highest. (Make sure the entire table is selected so that when pay moves the person moves with them. You’ll also need to indicate that the Header Row has data or the title row will also move.)
5. Block cells A1 to B8
6. Insert a chart that shows the people’s names and pay per hour (you can choose what the chart looks like).
7. Move the chart down some if it covers any of the data
8. Save the document
9. Use File | Download As | Excel to Save to YOUR FOLDER
10. Open the File you downloaded using Microsoft Excel
11. In Cell A10, type Downloading Difference
12. In Cell A11, type what you notice is different about the downloaded file. Does anything look different here compared to what you had in Google Docs. Be sure to check that your formulas are still correct in column D. If nothing is different, write Nothing is Different.
13. If the row if line 8 is not already your name, change it to your name.
14. Insert a Chart of Cells A1 to B4.
15. Save the file in your folder as 6SSUp
16. Go back to the documents menu on docs.google.com
17. Select the Upload button
18. Upload the 6SSUp document
19. Open it after uploading
20. In Cell A13, type Uploading Difference
21. In Cell A14, Type what you notice is different about the uploaded file. Does anything look different here compared to what you had in Microsoft Word? If nothing is different, write Nothing is Different
22. Select Share|Publish
23. Copy the location of the published page
24. Return to the document menu
25. Open your 1MainMe page
26. Create a link at the bottom of this page to 6SSUp
27. Repeat the process of creating a link in 1MainMe for the 5SSDown
28. On your
1MainMe page you should now have 5 links.
One to your favorite subject (2FavoriteClass) and one to each of these
3WPDown, 4WPUp, 5SSDown, 6SSUp
Spreadsheet Extension!! Forms!!!
29. Create a survey form similar to the on above
30. Put at least 3 questions on it.E-mail the form to me using the E-mail button in the upper left (firstname.lastname@example.org)
31. E-mailing is not enough, you also have to make the form public. To do this go back to documents and click ONCE to the RIGHT of the Survey File. [It should highlight, not open up!]
32. On the right, you will see Sharing. Click on this and change the sharing from Private to “Anyone with the link”.
33. Double Click on the Survey. This will open a blank spreadsheet.
34. To try the survey yourself, select Form|Go to Live Form
35. After filling out the survey, submit it.
36. Go back to the window with the Survey Spreadsheet in it. It should contain the answers along with a time stamp of when you submitted them.
37. See if you can figure how to put a link on your 1MainMe page to this form.
Day 4 - Presentations
Day 5 – Extra Credit and Catch up.