There's an entire book I've written just about a year I spent in Hungary. I can't imagine trying to sum up my life in a few hundred words. But I guess I will anyway - in bullet point fashion
- Born in Winston-Salem, NC in the mid 60's (too young to be a hippy)
- Was a geeky and loud youth - had some cool friends anyway.
- Went to Duke University and was there to see the Coach K dynasty begin
- Worked at P&G for five years as Computer Systems Analyst (doing much the same thing I do around the school now).
- Quit Corporate America to teach - go figure! Was a surprise to me too.
- Spent some time getting my Masters at NWMSU (tiny town, awesome school)
- Spent some time in Europe and Africa - working, playing, living
- Finally started teaching and coaching in St. Louis - difficult but rewarding
- Arrived in California too poor to teach - went back to Tech for a while
- Really missed teaching - landed at Hercules High. I love it here.
- Got Married
- Travelled all over including 6 months in Indonesia
Wow. 40+ years in 12 bullets. Of course I left out things like running marathons, doing an Iron Man, getting a dog, playing in a band, writing a book, scraping my knee, learning to cooking, going to Burning Man, doing homework, and all the other highs and lows that make up a wonderful and (I think) interesting life.
Home | Geometry | Technology | Travel | Links | About Me | Contact
©2008 Michael Taylor